Update on weight loss

I am nearly 9 months into this diet now and have lost 55lbs.  I have made several changes to my diet and discovered a source of my digestive issues.  I have gotten my walking going again but still need to work on cycling again. Hard work but I am getting on.

I started off my diet doing the usual low fat low calorie diet and just tried to get moving more.  That was painfully slow and I was barely losing  a pound a week on average following a diet for losing 2 lbs a week.  

A couple months in I started eating meals of just meat and fruit/veg.  It wasn’t on purpose really.  I was just trying to get in more protein with less effort.  That month I lost 10 lbs. 

Then after a month I was feeling bad about eating so much meat so tried to go vegetarian.  I couldn’t keep my protein up.  I was hungry constantly.  I lost no weight even though my exercise was much higher and my calories lower.

By this time I had been dieting for 4 months and I decided to go back to the month that accidentally worked.  I knew it was paleo like so I read up a bit more about paleo/primal and stuck to it strictly for about 2 months.  I was less hungry again and lost about 30 lbs. 

July came around and so did vacation.  I cheated on my successful plan and had burger buns and diet soda.  I then had trouble getting back on track.  I had been struggling along until 2 weeks ago.  I lost no weight and yo-yo’d back and forth.  

I also found that every time I cheated with gluten items I had significant digestive trouble with a few red flags.  I figured out after some experimenting that it was only gluten items that caused the trouble so eliminated it.  I don’t want to give up on paleo though so kept trying to get myself onto the paleo most of the time.

About 2 weeks ago I knuckled down and have been about 80% paleo again.  I have been careful to stay gluten – free during the other 20% of meals.  My weight loss has perked back up and I am down another 5lbs.  Now I just need to stay focused.

.  I have come a long way but still have a long way to go as I am only about a 1/3 of the way to goal.  Have to keep walking and I will eventually get there.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in weight loss and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s